5 things to know about the upcoming Johor Bahru-Singapore Rapid Transit System
- Linking Bukit Chagar to Thomson-East
Coast MRT Line at Woodlands North
The RTS line will link Bukit Chagar station in Johor Bahru, to the Singapore terminus in Woodlands North, where commuters can transfer to the upcoming Thomson-East Coast MRT Line (TEL).
- There will be a train every eight minutes
Commuters can hop on a train every eight minutes on average. The RTS link is expected to shorten the travel duration.
- Passengers need to clear customs only once
The RTS link will have a joint customs, immigration and quarantine facility at both terminus stations.
- The RTS Link can carry up to 10,000 passengers per hour in each direction.
This means 60,000 additional commuters will be able to cross the Causeway during peak hours.
- Expected Completion in 2024
Commuters will be able to take a RTS ride across the border by Dec 31, 2024.
- City Square
- Danga City Mall
- Komtar JBCC
- Galleria @ Kotaraya
- KSL City Mall
- Plaza Pelangi
- The Zon Duty Free
- Upcoming Ibrahim International Business District
- Persada Johor International Convention Centre
- JB Sentral
- Upcoming Bukit Chagar RTS Station
- JB Sultan Iskandar CIQ Complex
- St Joseph Primary School
- Foon Yew High School
- Open University Malaysia Johor
- Sultanah Aminah General Hospital
- KPJ Johor Specialist Hospital
- Puteri Specialist Hospital
- Royal Johor Country Club
- Angry Birds Activity Park
- Tan Hiok Nee Heritage Street